Most of us would like to live a healthier life, but we are not always sure how to go about doing so. There are plenty of things you can do to live a healthier starting with these six things.
1. If you smoke now is a good time to stop. The science is there – smoking is hazardous to your health. About one-third of the adult male population smokes. 10% of the adult population is killed by smoking related diseases, which equals about 4 million deaths globally a year. Every 8 seconds someone dies from tobacco use.
2. Eat fresh produce at every meal. A recent report put out by the CDC indicates that fewer than 30% of all Americans get the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Those are alarmingly low numbers. If you complain that you can’t eat produce fast enough before it goes bad, consider picking up your produce daily or opt for frozen or dried produce.
3. Make sure you get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. It will significantly reduce your risk of heart disease. Around 600,000 people die annually in the USA. That’s 1 in 4 deaths. It is the #1 cause of death for both men and women. Coronary heart disease costs the US $108.9 billion each year in health care costs, lost productivity, and medications. Your exercise regime can be as simple as 30 minutes of brisk walking. It is recommended that you take 10,000 steps a day – most people only take a fraction of that number. What about you?
4. Drink plenty of water so that you stay hydrated. This is needed by your skin, muscles and kidneys function. Being hydrated helps you to remove toxins from your body. We are told to drink eight – 8-ounce glasses of water. Ensure you drink 8 ounces of water before your meals, which will help you to eat less. You should also drink at least 12 ounces of water after your workout.
5. Get enough sleep, because sleep deprivation leads to an increase in the ghrelin hormones, responsible for us craving those foods that lead to belly fat and clogged arteries. It is important to get seven to eight hours each night so ensure that the ghrelin hormone is not activated.
6. Always wash your hands with soap and water often. It is your best defense against infectious diseases, colds, and flu. An international survey found that more than 65% of American adults admitted they did not properly wash their hands.
There you have it – six things you can do to live a healthier life. Why not get started now?
Brought to You By:
Subscribe to Our Newsletter to Receive Information
About Updates, Improvements and Developments
That Will Maximize Your Earning Potential.