What if you could add 20 years to your life without doing anything difficult? Would you do it? Let’s have a look at some five simple ways you can do just that.
1. Make sure to stay on top of your health – that means being preventative and having regular checkups and screenings. Being aware of family history that increases your risk of certain conditions and making sure that you stay on top of any tests or screenings you should have.
2. If you are prescribed medication take it – It is estimated around 25% of people do not take their medications as they should. If you have questions about your prescriptions talk to your pharmacist, if you find you need to take too many pills then talk to your doctor, and if you cannot afford your prescription be honest with your doctor they may be able to help.
3. Being a geek is good – A recent study conducted by Rush University Medical Center (Chicago) found those that spend time doing activities that stimulate the brain such as puzzle solving or listening to music reduce their risk of Alzheimer’s by as much as 50%.
4. Home safety checks are important – Every year thousands upon thousands of people dies as a result of home accidents. Smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors that don’t work, loose hand railings, poorly built decks, etc.
5. Adopt a four legged creature – Did you know that having a pet in your life can add an additional two years to your life. Pets, particularly cats and dogs, are known to lower your blood pressure and your heart rate. The Long Life Equation said, that a study done in 2002 found that those who suffered from a heart attack and had a dog, were six times more likely to be alive one year later than those who did not have a dog.
There you have it – five simple things you can do that could add 20 years to your life. Of course, there are many other things such as eating healthy, not smoking, getting regular exercise, learning to handle your stress, learning how to breathe properly, being employed where you are happy, and numerous other things. Live your life, be happy, and make sure when you increase your longevity those extra years are healthy years that you can enjoy. What are you waiting for? Now’s the perfect time to implement a few changes!
Brought to You By:
Subscribe to Our Newsletter to Receive Information
About Updates, Improvements and Developments
That Will Maximize Your Earning Potential.